Friday, February 1, 2013

MIA Blogger

Sometimes life is just crazy.  I have a couple of things I have been working on lately but I need to finish them up before I can post them, but I realized the other day that I did not show you my creation for my daughter's baptism.  In our church the children are give the opportunity at the age of 8 to choose whether or not they want to be baptized.  Our daughter Kirsten made the decision and on December 29th she baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS).  I was watching Martha's Sewing Room one day and a guest showed how to make beautiful designs on a sheer material with the serger.  (I can't find the link, sorry.)  I knew right then that I was going to make Kirsten's dress that way.  So here is a picture of my beautiful daughter in her dress.


I created the cross work on my serger on to a sheer organza material and then lined with the white satin fabric.  It was a lot of stress.  I did the serging first before I cut the pattern out.  I am grateful to my mother that did all the handiwork on it and helped me figure out the zipper.  Kirsten just radiated and the dress was the finishing touch.

After the baptism we had a lunch at our house.  It was crazy with over 30 people in my little house but it was a lot of fun.  I had found this beautiful dress on Pinterest and knew that I needed to make it for Kirsten's baptism luncheon.  It was fairly easy once you figured out the rhythm out of how to make the flowers.  I used my largest star in my pastry set and went to work.  To make the Buttercream recipe more white I just used half the butter it called for and substituted the shortening for the butter and used clear vanilla from Wilton.  It turned out adorable.  I sprinkled a little bit of white sugar crystals on top to make it "shine" and bought some pearls from the Wilton store for the waistband.



So much fun!  I love getting things together for a party.  We had a great time and enjoyed having friends who could share this special day with us.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails